The Hague Hacks Festival 2019
- Publication date : 08-10-2019
- Start date : Immediately
- Places available : 15
- Number of hours per week 8 – 10 hours
- Location : The Hague, The Netherlands
The Hague Hacks is an organization that strives to bridge the gap between human rights and technology by connecting a range of trans-disciplinary actors to create and/or develop technology that empowers human rights defenders and improves the safety and freedom of victims of human rights violations. We do so by organizing meet-ups, such as our Hague Hacks Festival and our Ideation Sessions, to bring diverse actors together to discuss, dissect and brainstorm possible technological aids/solutions to complex human rights issues. The Hague Hacks is one of many projects with The Hague Peace Projects, a young and dynamic community of peace advocates, diaspora members, and human rights defenders.
The Hague Hacks Team is scheduled to host their annual The Hague Hacks Festival, that will take place on Friday 6th December, 2019. The event will bring together : tech experts, designers, engineers, academia, human rights defenders, members of diaspora, and human rights problem owners, to share their plurality of perspectives and while enriching the problem solving process. This will lead to innovative new ideas for human rights advocacy which we believe would never have occur outside of the Festival ideation sessions.
- Taking notes during the different workshops
- Assisting with (very important persons) VIPs
- Welcoming and registering participants
- Coordinating with other volunteers
- Composing and scheduling Social Media posts on all our platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
- Any other technical assistance required
- Passion for advancing human rights.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Team player.
- Positive Attitude.
- Fluency in English (Dutch not required but highly valued).
- Interest and curiosity for technical innovation is an asset.
Vacancy # 2.
Translator -Bangladesh Workgroup
- Publication date : 8-10-2019
- Start date : Immediately
- Places available : 4
- Number of hours per week : 8 hours
- Location : The Hague, The Netherlands (Can be done remotely)
The Bangladesh Workgroup is currently developing a project on promoting social cohesion, for which we are looking for volunteers with expertise in different areas. It is a small group at present, with networks and advisors comprising of Bangladeshi activists, advocates, development practitioners and writers living in different countries. The Bangladesh Workgroup is one of the workgroups of The Hague Peace Projects, a young and dynamic community of peace advocates, diaspora members, and human rights defenders.
- Reading and Listening to material in English translating to Bengali while preserving the contents original meaning.
- Working on online, video by providing subtitles for the content.
- Consulting on subject matters with experts in the field such as :
- Internalising concepts and translating them.
- Using new tools that aid to your translation.
- You will work on scripts developed by the core team in the Hague office while translating the content from English to Bengali.
- Native level fluency in Bengali.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Advanced or Good translation skills.
- Can meet tight deadlines
- Able to coordinate and volunteer remotely if not based in the Hague.
- Works with minimal supervision
- The ideal candidate’s vision should match with our organizational vision to promote peace and work with one another as equals.
- Candidates interested in South Asia region are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in the above vacancy, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.