Translator -Bangladesh Workgroup
- Publication date : 27-8-2019
- Start date : Immediately
- Places available 1
- Number of hours per week 8 hours
- Location : The Hague, The Netherlands (Can be done remotely)
The Bangladesh Workgroup is currently developing a project on promoting social cohesion, for which we are looking for volunteers with expertise in different areas. It is a small group at present, with networks and advisors comprising of Bangladeshi activists, advocates, development practitioners and writers living in different countries. The Bangladesh Workgroup is one of the workgroups of The Hague Peace Projects, a young and dynamic community of peace advocates, diaspora members, and human rights defenders.
- Reading and Listening to material in English translating to Bengali while preserving the contents original meaning.
- Working on online, video by providing subtitles for the content.
- Consulting on subject matters with experts in the field such as :
- Internalising concepts and translating them.
- Using new tools that aid to your translation.
- You will work on scripts developed by the core team in the Hague office while translating the content from English to Bengali.
- Native level fluency in Bengali.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Advanced or Good translation skills.
- Can meet tight deadlines
- Able to coordinate and volunteer remotely if not based in the Hague.
- Works with minimal supervision
- The ideal candidate’s vision should match with our organizational vision to promote peace and work with one another as equals.
- Candidates interested in South Asia region are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in the above vacancy, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.